2020 (S) 1 Oz Silver American Eagle $1 Coin PCGS MS 70 FDOI (SF Label) Emergency Issue
Please note this coin was produced by the San Francisco Mint but does not carry the "S" mintmark.
You end your searches for the best prices on American Silver Eagles! This wonderful 2020 (S) 1 oz Silver American Eagle $1 Coin PCGS MS 70 FDOI (SF Label) Emergency Issue is one of the last 2020 US Mint coins of the year. This Silver Eagle coin contains 1 troy oz of .999 fine silver, and it arrives authenticated by PCGS. This 1 oz Silver Eagle coin was struck by the San Francisco Mint, and it graded as perfect MS 70 with the First Day of Issue designation and special San Francisco label. These San Francisco Mint Silver Eagles have one of the lowest mintages ever of only 1,000,000 from this facility.
2020 is the year just before the 35th Anniversary of the American Gold and 1 oz Silver Eagle coins program. So, these 2020 Silver Eagle coins are among the last to feature the original John Mercanti reverse before the 35th Anniversary redesign. Furthermore, the San Francisco facility produced this 1 oz Silver Eagle coin. This mint facility was one of the original mints to strike the 1986 Eagle coins, therefore this limited edition release nods to the history of the US Mint coin and the San Francisco mint itself. The 1 oz Silver Eagle coins carry US history, so refine your investment portfolio with this special 2020 Silver Eagle.
The obverse of this US Mint coin is emblazoned with Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty image. Lady Liberty walks towards the rising sun with an outstretched arm. In her other arm, she carries a bundle of oak and laurel branches. The US flag hangs from her shoulders, drifting gently in the breeze.
The John Mercanti reverse makes one final appearance in 2020. This design is based on the Great Seal of the US, spotlighting the heraldic bald eagle with a US flag shield. The Eagle holds arrows and an olive branch in its talons, and a banner in its mouth that says “E PLURIBUS UNUM” in its beak. Thirteen stars lie above its head to reference the original colonies.
- Limited mintage of 1,000,000
- Emergency Issue San Francisco-Minted Silver Eagle
- Made from .999 fine silver with a weight of 1 troy oz
- Graded by PCGS as MS 70 with special First Day of Issue San Francisco label
- Struck by the US Mint at the San Francisco facility
- Face value of $1 USD backed by the US Government
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty reaching out to the rising sun, draped in the US Flag. She also holds branches of laurel and oak in her left hand. Inscriptions: “LIBERTY”, “IN GOD WE TRUST”, and the year of mintage.
- Reverse: Displays the John Mercanti design with the iconic heraldic eagle bearing a US flag shield. The eagle holds an olive branch in the right talon and arrows in its left. It also has a banner secured in its beak that reads the US motto. Thirteen stars lie above its head. Inscriptions: “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA”, “E PLURIBUS UNUM”, the weight, and the denomination.
|Actual Weight||1 troy oz|
|Gross Weight||31.103 grams|
|Grade||MS 70 FDOI (SF Label)|